AAMVA's jurisdiction members are comprised of the 50 U.S. states, District of Columbia, 5 U.S. territories, 10 Canadian provinces, and 3 Canadian territories and the agencies within those jurisdictions who administer and enforce motor vehicle laws. AAMVA's members handle driver licensing, vehicle registration and titling, and roadway law enforcement.
AAMVA is organized into four regions to facilitate the sharing of geographic priorities. See the list of jurisdictions that fall within each region below.
Jurisdiction membership in AAMVA includes the following benefits:
- Access to our online members-only directory
- Complimentary subscription to AAMVA's award-winning MOVE Magazine
- Complimentary subscriptions to AAMVA's members-only weekly e-newsletters TWIR (The Week in Review) and Regional News
- Timely Legislative & Regulatory alerts and other special alerts
- Travel assistance to our Annual International Conference, Workshop & Law Institute, and regional conferences
- Opportunity to participate in our Leadership Academy
- Use of AAMVA's popular online survey tool
- Program support: Jurisdiction to Jurisdiction Learning Visits and Automated Vehicle Technical Assistance
- Standard Verification Programs: DL/ID Card and License Plate
- Access to staff subject matter experts
- Access to jurisdiction only content on our website
- Access to members-only webinars
- Participation on AAMVA's volunteer groups, such as boards, committees, subcommittees, and working groups
- Complimentary job postings on our website
- The ability to submit individuals or programs to our awards program
If you are a law enforcement agency, please see how you can additionally benefit from active membership in AAMVA.
Region 1 Jurisdictions
District of Columbia
Newfoundland and Labrador
Prince Edward Island
Region 2 Jurisdictions
Region 3 Jurisdictions
Region 4 Jurisdictions
Northern Mariana Islands
For questions or more information about jurisdiction membership, please contact Member Services.